World's Greatest Burger - Revisited
Went on a sunset drive on Skyline Boulevard with Haris in the Crossfire yesterday, problem was the sun had just set, so it turned into a bit of a night drive which made landscape photography without a tripod just too tricky to be fun, but the view was incredible none the less.
After that, it was straight to the Los Gatos Brewing Company to see if they were still able to live up to the World's Greatest Burger accolade I gave them just over a year ago. Saw Jeff there and he welcomed me warmly. Came over to our table and declared he was buying my burger. I promptly went for a double burger with bacon, sauteed mushrooms, swiss cheese and jalapenos, which earned a second visitation so he could jokily complain about me having to go and order the $18 burger.

I can proudly state, that for the second year running, I've not had a burger to quite match what's on offer at the LGB.
I've just had a peggy sue burger for breakfast (would be rude to go there and not at least sample their burger, as they devote over half their menu to it - 19 different "classics" which amounted to different combinations of cheeses with bacon, mushrooms and the odd other topping). It filled a gap but was unexceptional.
Going on a road trip starting today - the plan is pack, check out, take Paul's bike back, drop the car off in SF, hire a new car, hopefully a convertible, grab another LGB burger for lunch, head over to Gilroy for a clothing spree and then make our way over to LA. Might go to Hearst Castle off Highway 1, Targeting Santa Monica or wherever we get to for the night. Might stay a day or two in LA then head off to Vegas, where we hope to fund the whole trip or better on the Holdem tables. After that it's death valley, Yosemite and back. Let's see if the plan holds up.
After that, it was straight to the Los Gatos Brewing Company to see if they were still able to live up to the World's Greatest Burger accolade I gave them just over a year ago. Saw Jeff there and he welcomed me warmly. Came over to our table and declared he was buying my burger. I promptly went for a double burger with bacon, sauteed mushrooms, swiss cheese and jalapenos, which earned a second visitation so he could jokily complain about me having to go and order the $18 burger.

I can proudly state, that for the second year running, I've not had a burger to quite match what's on offer at the LGB.
I've just had a peggy sue burger for breakfast (would be rude to go there and not at least sample their burger, as they devote over half their menu to it - 19 different "classics" which amounted to different combinations of cheeses with bacon, mushrooms and the odd other topping). It filled a gap but was unexceptional.
Going on a road trip starting today - the plan is pack, check out, take Paul's bike back, drop the car off in SF, hire a new car, hopefully a convertible, grab another LGB burger for lunch, head over to Gilroy for a clothing spree and then make our way over to LA. Might go to Hearst Castle off Highway 1, Targeting Santa Monica or wherever we get to for the night. Might stay a day or two in LA then head off to Vegas, where we hope to fund the whole trip or better on the Holdem tables. After that it's death valley, Yosemite and back. Let's see if the plan holds up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home